Thursday, September 12, 2013

This post is connected to my last post. I received an email from the pastor that I had written to. He was very kind and apologized for his words he used concerning the Catholic Church. He said he had great relations with the priests from the parishes in his area. I was so happy that this was resolved in such a Christian way.

I believe that we all have to watch our words when we speak of other religions. We need to make sure we have the facts and not just something that has been handed down from generation to generation. To say something about the Catholic Church, one must go to Catholic sources and not just rely on what a pastor or a friend has told you.

I would really like to hear from some of you that read this blog why you think Catholics are still persecuted? Why is it still ok to say negative things about Catholics? I hope someone has some thoughts and will reply. Do you think anti-Catholicism still exists and why?

God bless,
Barb

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, I do believe Catholics are still persecuted. I don't think it is okay to say negative things about any church; however, human nature, unfortunately, is just that way. I think today's society is very much a "Me, Myself, and I" society and it doesn't have room for what is really important in life (all focus on God). Society could easily sway many to reject the teachings of the Catholic Church simply because they truly do not understand the depths of her beauty. Prayer is the only answer to help this troubled world! And may the good Lord have mercy!

    ReplyDelete