Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Virgin Mary

The Virgin Mary, when I was a young adult, was someone who was a mystery to me. As I have grown in my faith, I have found myself being drawn closer to her. As Catholics, we do not worship Mary!!! We honor her. We honor her because she was the mother of God the Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Honoring Mary is completely different than the adoration given to God. Like any other human being, Mary had to be saved by the mercy of God. She herself said, "My spirit rejoices in God my Savior."(Luke 1:47). When God took on flesh and became man (John 1:1,14), shows us that God wished to involve human beings in His plan of salvation. Mary had a key role for this purpose, so Catholics honor her highly for the role she accepted so willingly! I feel I am blessed to have both a mother on earth and a spiritual mother in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment