Monday, April 8, 2013

Catholics are Christians

I am a life long Catholic. When my husband and I got engaged, his pastor gave him a book written in the 1950's that explained why not to marry a Catholic. My husband had been told that Catholics are not Christians. That left such an impression on me. Of course Catholics are Christians!!!! In Acts 11: 26, it says that the disciples of Jesus were first called Christians in the community of Antioch. That was soon after Jesus's resurrection. These disciples were commissioned by baptism and became Christians who are "dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus." (Roman's 6:11).  Catholics believe that our savoir, Jesus Christ, is our only mediator of redemption. "For there is no other name under heaven given to men, whereby we must be saved", than that of Jesus. (Acts 4:12).

My husband did accept the truths of the Catholic Church and entered the Church five years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment