Monday, November 11, 2013

What does "Do this in remembrance of me" really mean?

I was listening to a CD in my car today. It was entitled The Eucharist: Our Very Life. It is given by Deacon Dr. Bob McDonald from Canada. He was talking about the Eucharist being the very body and blood of Jesus Christ. The Eucharist is not just a memorial service. It is a re-enactment of calvary which we do at every Mass. This part I understood, but then he went on to the words, "Do this in remembrance of me." He said when you go back to the original Greek translation of "Do this in remembrance of me," it actually means "Bring this back to life again!!!" Jesus is asking the apostles to do what He just did for them. This is Christ's body and Christ's blood and He wants His apostles to "bring this back to life again!!! I thought this was so amazing and beautiful. Just wanted to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment